I’ve decided today is the day I will return to blogging, you, dear reader, must be delighted. I know I am, I’ve just read my blog for the first time since my blogging hiatus began and by George it’s good! If you’re new to my blog I strongly suggest you go back and read all the old posts, they’re fab. Terrifyingly for me, reading some of them tonight was like reading them for the first time- but that’s mentalism for you.
As you can see I’ve moved from Blogger to WordPress- peer pressure is mainly to blame for this- all the cool kids are doing it. I do hope I’ll be forgiven for all the upcoming formatting errors whilst I suss things out. I will eventually get round to organising things properly but for now I’m concentrating on the basics.
Why did I stop blogging?
I have no idea, I haven’t been very well and although I’ve blogged during my “unwell” periods before, I just didn’t feel like it I suppose.
So what’s happened since my last post?
Loads and nothing all at the same time. I was going to do a potted history of the last 4 or 5 months but I can’t be bothered. I daresay anything I want or need you to know will come up in future posts.
Where am I now?
Hmmm. Difficult to say, possibly best to do a list of facts
- No longer on 14000 different medications- only on 1 after ditching the cocktail of mood-stabilisers and anti-psychotics in a drunken strop one evening in early January (another story for another time)
- No longer employed- fixed term contract ended in April (all offers seriously considered)
- Haven’t been back to the local acute psych ward since October 2010
- Got my driving license back
- Still mental but it’s a different kind of mental I think
- Still a parent
- Still political
And that’s about it. I’m delighted to be back and I’m really looking forward to blogging regularly again, I have loads to tell you about my exciting life as a career mentalist.